Monday 10 June 2013

Wanted on Audio

I'm almost halfway through recording an audio version of Wanted, which has been a very interesting experience. I've just finished reading Chapter 18, and the midpoint (based on page count) is about three quarters through Chapter 19. The big question is going to be whether I have any voice left by the time I've got to the end...

I don't do 'voices'. At least I'm not doing voices. I had a go at the first two chapters, and since more than half the characters are female... well, you can imagine the result. Put it this way, it wasn't pretty.

Anyhow, once it's all edited together, it'll come out somewhere in the region of sixteen hours, which is ballpark for this length of audiobook. However you won't be able to buy it as an audiobook. No, I'll be releasing it as a podcast, in roughly thirty-something weekly instalments. For free.

Yes, you heard right: It'll be free. Okay, you have to listen to my voice, and as I said, I'm not doing the voices, and it'll be the best part of 9 months before you get to the end. But still, free. (And there might be the odd ad in there too.)

Keep an eye out here or on http://www.tim-arnot.com or on the Facebook page for further details.

No comments:

Post a Comment