Friday 2 November 2012

NaNoWriMo 2012 kicks off

Hunted: 81,000 words down
Starstruck: 1780 words down

So November is NaNoWriMo - National Novel Writing Month, a challenge to write a 50,000 word "novel" in 30 days. I'm entered in the challenge - Tim_A if you want to buddy me - and I'm writing a novel called Starstruck. Its science fiction and features a character called Ben, who is a 20 year old janitor aboard the Starliner Queen Elizabeth IX. Unlike Hunted, which has been planned and outlined to the nth degree, I'm pretty much making this up as I go along. Which should be interesting.

Hunted is about 9,000 words shy of being done. I wanted to get it finished before WriMo started, but things conspired. Valiant effort though, and it's rather like doing WriMo two months running. I'll still try to get it finished early this month though, so I can get it out to a couple of people for an alpha read.

Next update tomorrow... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment